Inscripción en TRICARE Retired Reserve

El programa TRICARE Retired Reserve* (TRR) es un plan de salud basado en primas que puede ser adquirido por los miembros elegibles de Retired Reserve. The TRR benefit is a TRICARE Standard benefit and TRR members have the same costs as retired service members. Usted podrá recibir servicios cubiertos de cualquier proveedor autorizado por TRICARE. El acceso a atención en centros militares de tratamiento (MTF, por sus siglas en inglés) se basa en la disponibilidad.

*Retired Reserve refers to National Guard/Reserve members, which includes the Army National Guard, Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve, Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve, and United States Coast Guard Reserve.


  • Eligibility for TRR is maintained in the Sistema de informes de elegibilidad para inscripción de la Defensa (DEERS). Your reserve component determines eligibility for TRR. For eligibility questions please contact your reserve component's point of contact. La Reserve Component points of contact list is provided by Reserve Affairs.
  • Si usted es elegible para o está inscrito en el programa de beneficios médicos de Health Net para empleados federales (FEHB, por sus siglas en inglés), por su propia elegibilidad o a través de un familiar, usted no será elegible para TRR.
  • You must be enrolled in TRR for your family members to enroll.
  • TRICARE Retired Reserve eligibility terminates when the sponsor turns 60. All DEERS-eligible family members automatically transition into TRICARE Standard con la opción de adquirir TRICARE Prime if in a Prime Service Area.

Monthly Premium Payments and Payment Information

All eligible members are offered the same level of benefits for one monthly rate.*

Type of Coverage 2015 Rates 2016 Rates
Member only $390.89 $388.79
Member and family $961.35 $957.44

*Rates for TRR are subject to change every calendar year. Monthly premium payments are not applied toward the annual catastrophic cap.

Your initial monthly premium payment can be made with a check, money order, cashier's check, Visa® or MasterCard®, including credit, debit and prepaid cards. Ongoing monthly premium payments must be made by an automatic payment method:

  • electronic funds transfer (EFT)
  • recurring credit (or debit) card (RCC)

Conozca más acerca de payment method options.

La falta de pago de los montos totales de las primas dará como resultado la terminación de la cobertura. You will be disenrolled from TRR effective your policy paid-through date and any claims for services after your disenrollment date will not be paid under your TRR coverage. TRICARE policy requires a 12-month TRR purchase lockout if you are disenrolled for nonpayment.

Members whose payments are declined are charged a $20 administrative fee in addition to the outstanding payment amount. The replacement payment is first applied to the $20 fee with the remaining amount applied to the monthly premium payment. Therefore, if the beneficiary only sends the amount of the monthly premium payment, he or she will be short on the payment and subject to disenrollment.

Enrolling in TRICARE Retired Reserve

If you would like to enroll in TRICARE Retired Reserve (TRR) or add a family member, you will need to log into the Reserve Component Purchased TRICARE Application (RCPTA) using your Common Access Card (CAC), Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) account or Department of Defense Self-Service (DS) Logon.

  • Ensure you and your family members are registered in DEERS by visiting a RAPIDS site. When registering a new family member in DEERS, complete a DD Form 1172 (Application for Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card) and bring supporting documentation. (For example, eligibility documentation may include a marriage certificate, dependency determination, birth certificate, certificate of live birth from the hospital, or record of adoption or letter of placement by a recognized placement or adoption agency, or the court.)
  • Complete a new Formulario de solicitud de cobertura médica del componente de la Reserva (DD 2896-1) (RC Request Form)*.
  • Certify your non-eligibility or enrollment in Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) program.
  • Select an ongoing automatic payment method. To use EFT, submit the TRICARE Reserve Select and TRR EFT or RCC form with your RC Request Form.
  • Print and sign the RC Request Form.
  • Include a two-month premium payment. (See premium information above.) When adding a family member, a two-month member and family premium is only required when a change in coverage occurs (for example, member only to member and family).
  • Submit the application by mail or fax to:

Health Net Federal Services, LLC
Inscripción en TRR
PO Box 8310
Virginia Beach, VA 23450-8310
Fax: 1-888-299-4114

For more information about qualifying for or purchasing TRR coverage, contact your Reserve Component.

*Handwritten forms are not accepted.

Fechas de entrada en vigor de la inscripción

Adding a family member (qualifying life event): A 60-day retroactive enrollment period applies to qualifying life events (marriage, birth or adoption of a child, placement of a child in the legal custody of the member by court order).

  • To add a new family member, an RC Request Form must be postmarked no later than 60 days from the date of the qualifying life event to request retroactive coverage.
  • Forms postmarked outside of the 60-day window will result in coverage being effective the first day of the month after the form is postmarked or received.

*All newborn or adopted child claims will be held until the RC Request Form is processed. Once enrolled, claims for services on or after the effective date of enrollment will be processed. All claims prior to the effective date of enrollment will be denied.

Adding a family member (without a qualifying life event): If you are adding a family member without a qualifying life event (marriage, birth or adoption of a child, placement of a child in the legal custody of the member by court order), the family member’s enrollment is considered a new enrollment.

Continuous coverage: You have 30 days following the end of a previous TRICARE coverage (as a sponsor) to request continuous coverage.

  • La RC Request Form must be postmarked by Health Net within 30 days of the change in status to qualify for enrollment without a break in coverage.
  • If you miss the 30-day retroactive enrollment period, you may still enroll in TRR any time throughout the year. If the RC Request Form is postmarked on or before the last day of any given month, you can choose the first of the next month or the first of the following month to start receiving coverage.

New enrollment: Your TRR enrollment effective date depends on when your enrollment form is postmarked.

  • The enrollment application must be postmarked before your requested enrollment effective date.
  • If your enrollment form is postmarked after your requested enrollment effective date, your new enrollment will be effective on the first day of the month after your enrollment application is postmarked.

Cobertura para sobrevivientes

If your sponsor passes away, you may qualify for survivor coverage. To qualify, you must be registered in DEERS and your sponsor must have been enrolled in TRR on the date of passing. If your sponsor was not enrolled in TRR, you do not qualify for survivor coverage.

If you were not enrolled in TRR on the date of your sponsor’s passing, you can enroll by submitting the RC Request Form. See the Enrollment section above for more information. You will be able to maintain survivor benefits until the date when your sponsor would have turned 60 years old. On the date your sponsor would have turned 60 years old, you become eligible for TRICARE with the same health plan options and costs as survivors of retired service members.

If you were enrolled in TRR on the date of your sponsor’s passing, your benefits will automatically transition without a break in coverage. You will be able to maintain survivor benefits until the date when your sponsor would have turned 60 years old. El DMDC enviará una carta con instrucciones sobre cómo actualizar o dar de baja a su cobertura, según lo que decida.

Your survivor benefits remain the same as your TRR benefits and payments are still due the first of each month. However, your monthly premium payments may change. If there is only one person enrolled in TRR, you will pay the member only rate listed on the TRR information page. If two or more people remain enrolled in the plan, you will continue to pay the member and family rate.

On the date your sponsor would have turned 60 years old, you become eligible for TRICARE with the same health plan options and costs as survivors of retired service members.

Si desea dar de baja a la cobertura en forma retroactiva a la fecha de fallecimiento del patrocinador, usted tiene 60 días para solicitar el cambio. You must either submit a request using a DMDC Reserve Component Purchased TRICARE Application or send a written letter to:

Health Net Federal Services, LLC
Inscripción en TRS/TRR
PO Box 8310
Virginia Beach, VA 23450-8310
Fax: 1-888-299-4114

Moving with TRICARE Retired Reserve

When moving, TRR members need to update DEERS with the new address and telephone number.

Members who change regions should contact the previous contractor to stop the current EFT or RCC and also contact their new region's contractor without delay to establish a new EFT or RCC.

Disenrolling from TRICARE Retired Reserve

Voluntary disenrollment: To voluntarily disenroll from TRR, you must submit an RC Request Form that requests termination of coverage. Coverage is terminated on the last day of the month that the form is postmarked. También podrá solicitar una fecha de finalización futura, efectiva el último día del mes siguiente. Unused monthly premium payments are refunded automatically.

Si obtiene elegibilidad de TRICARE a través de otro familiar, podrá darse de baja de forma voluntaria sin que se aplique un bloqueo. Todas las demás solicitudes de baja estarán sujetas a un bloqueo de 12 meses.

Nonpayment: You may also be disenrolled from TRR for failure to pay the required monthly premiums. If the TRR monthly premium payments are not received within 30 days from its due date, you will be disenrolled for failure to pay. Si usted resulta desafiliado involuntariamente por falta de pago, se le aplicará un bloqueo de 12 meses durante los cuales no podrá adquirir TRR. Será elegible para volverse a inscribir un año después de que la baja sea efectiva.

Loss of eligibility: Events that result in loss of eligibility must be processed through your reserve component’s unit or personnel office. You do not need to submit an RC Request Form and unused monthly premium payments will be refunded automatically.